Current Positions Available: Executive Director
Date Updated: March 04, 2014
The Executive Director shall perform the duties of the Association Secretary and Treasurer, as
set forth in the Articles and By Laws, along with other tasks as assigned. The Executive Director
shall perform their job duties from an office they maintain. Activities include coordinating functions
with latitude for independent judgment, analysis and preparation of reports, attendance at
numerous committee meetings and dealing with confidential materials and information.
- Handles correspondence.
- Prepares statistical reports for Board of Directors and Committees as required.
- Prepares reports for presentations.
- Deposit monies in proper Association accounts and/or savings and investments.
- Keep record of all financial transactions.
- Prepare required reports:
- Non-profit organization report. (990)
- Withholding tax report, state and federal, monthly, quarterly, yearly as required. (941)
- Job Service report. (940)
- Others as they may come to be.
- Make tax deposits and/or payments at proper times:
- 1. Withholding Ė Social Security (State & Federal)
- Job Service
- Arrange for annual audit by C.P.A.
- Prepare and distribute payroll.
- Arranges travel schedule and reservations.
- Provides support to Executive Committee as needed.
- Records minutes of committee meetings/responsible for distribution.
- Coordinates meetings and seminars including arranging for facilities, meals, equipment,
- Serve as liaison to state and national trade associations.
- Travel to association related meetings.
- Attend national convention.
- Attend other NAMIC meetings at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Up to 40% travel may be required to fulfill job requirements.
- Serve as liaison to Associationís Lobbyists and PAC Consultant.
- Serve as President of Associationís PAC, including deposit monies, issue payments, and
other duties as required. Coordinate PAC meetings and events.
- Manage and update Association Website
- Answers correspondence, both written and non-written and gives information to callers
and places outgoing calls.
- Purchases or authorizes purchase of office supplies, subscriptions and other
miscellaneous items, within authority. Authorizes payment of expenses for
meetings/seminars within authority.
- Maintains membership e-mail lists.
- Keeps current on Association business software.
- Provide support to the Iowa State and County Mutual Guaranty Fund.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be required to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year (2) college or technical school and one
(1) year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous
work experience with associations is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence and
communicate effectively with small and large groups is required.
Basic math skills and the ability to analyze, interpret and produce a variety of graphical materials
Ability to maintain multiple accounts, keeps accurate accounting records, and facilitates and
collaborates with the accounting firm on an as needed basis to meet approved examination
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in varying
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to detect punctuation and spelling errors while proofreading written
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to use good interpersonal communication skills and to interact with
membership, directors and the general public with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Must possess effective communication skills, including verbal, (to include public
speaking) written and listening.
- Must demonstrate effective presentation techniques.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Must possess a good working knowledge of basic computer terminology;
computer networks, personal computers, tablets, SMART devices and any
associated programs and applications.
- Ability to operate current Association hardware and software and/or new and
upgraded hardware and software.
- Ability to work with website design services.
- Ability to work in a harmonious manner with membership and directors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to maintain an office.
- Ability to match numbers and letters accurately.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think logically, use personal judgment, experience, facts and
established guidelines to make objective decisions and address problem
- Ability to understand basic insurance terminology.
- Ability to lead, direct, and plan annual convention, trips, seminars, and meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting priorities.
- Must exhibit poise, self-assurance, creative aptitude and demonstrate originality.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the essential job functions this person is regularly required to have:
- Use of hands, fingers, and arms to perform daily duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Ability to visualize materials in close proximity with clear focus.
- Significant sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time – car, plane, etc.
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to constantly interact with the public.
- Ability to deal with stressful work deadlines.
The physical demands required to perform the essential functions of this job may require
evaluation for reasonable accommodation.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit application, cover letter and resume to:
By Email: email@example.com
Mutual Insurance Association of Iowa
6750 Westown Parkway #200-322
West Des Moines, IA 50266
By Fax: (866) 373-2236